Re: [Exim] Re: Mail relay problems

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Mail relay problems
--
On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 11:56:44AM +0100, Andy Coy wrote:
[lots of confusion regarding mail server config]

Andy,

Hopefully this will help give you some direction.

What you want is this :
    1)  Use Tiscali's server for outgoing mail.  The common term for
        this is a "smarthost".  This is easy to setup and only
        requires 1 router and 1 transport.  There are examples in the
        documentation, and if you're using debian, the 'eximconfig'
        script can produce an example config for you.

        This will allow you to send mail out from your system.  The
        lack of a correct outgoing configuration is what causes the
        frozen message errors.

    2)  Learn how to configure SMTP AUTH so that any of your users,
        but no one else, can use your system as their outgoing server
        from where ever they happen to be at the moment.  As far as
        your server is concerned this is "incoming" mail.  You want to
        relay based on user, not host.

HTH,
-D

--

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us.