Re: [Exim] Authenticated SMTP

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Mike Richardson
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Authenticated SMTP
On Wed, 29 May 2002, Mike Richardson wrote:

> With exim 3 auth_hosts=MUSTAUTH:* caused all clients to have to
> authenticate as the first thing they do, before the MAIL FROM...
>
> With exim 4 I don't know how to do the same. I assume its to do
> with the ACLs but acl_check_rcpt is 'too late'.

Why is it too late? All that has happened is that Exim has received the
MAIL FROM command. It hasn't done anything with it. If you put in your
ACL

require authenticated=*

the effect will be to reject every RCPT command if there was no AUTH
before MAIL. Previously, MAIL would have been rejected. However, it is
better to reject RCPT, because there were (maybe still are) MTAs that
don't take a rejection of MAIL as serious. They keep trying.