Re: [Exim] Multiple smarthosts

Autor: Greg Ward
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Multiple smarthosts
On 31 May 2002, Max J. Werner said:
> I have exim on a dialup-line here. I want to use several e-mail Adresses
> which I want to send e-mails with. So I've configured 3 smarthosts:

Which version of Exim is this? Since you used "domainlist" routers, it
must be Exim 3 -- but you should always be specific!

> smarthost1:
> driver = domainlist
> senders = max@???
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = * smtp.puretec.de bydns_a
>
> smarthost2:
> driver = domainlist
> senders = max.werner@???
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = * mail.gmx.net bydns_a
>
> smarthost3:
> driver = domainlist
> senders = mwerner@???
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = * homing.ntm-gmbh.de bydns_a
>
> In Mutt I change the From:-Header to one of the above e-mail
> adresses. Now I want exim to deliver the e-mails depending on the
> From:-Header. How can I do that?
> I also have to authenticate on mail.gmx.net and homing.ntm-gmbh.de

My guess is that you also need to ensure that the envelope sender is
set. Presumably Exim looks at the envelope sender, not the "From:"
header, when matching against the router 'senders' option.

IOW, you need to convince mutt to say
sendmail -f max@??? ...
in the first case,
sendmail -f max.werner@??? ...
in the second case, etc.

Offhand, I'm not sure how mutt does this. Check mutt's docs.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???