Re: [Exim] [OT] HTML bounces

Autor: John W Baxter
A: Exim List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] [OT] HTML bounces
At 1:14 +0200 6/3/2002, Phil Pennock wrote:
>On 2002-06-02 at 23:53 +0100, Alan Thew wrote:
>> > This MTA: MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12
>> > is now generating bounce messages in HTML rather than plain text.
>
>> How is this worse than generating bounces in TNEF?
>
>*blinks*
>
>If it weren't quarter past one, I'd now be locking up the NOC and
>heading back to the pub for a few stiff drinks.
>
>Which PoS heap o'crock misbegotten excuse for an MTA actually generates
>bounces using TNEF? (I can make a fairly solid guess as to the vendor).
>--

Questions:
1. Is this stuff configurable in the relevant Exchange versions?

2. (I could look but) do the RFCs actually require plain text bounce
messages? I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't (just because of the
relative lateness of Netscape's foisting this nonsense on the world). In
which case we can't go around "educating" Exchange admins, perhaps.

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA