Re: [Exim] Cygwin, Exim, mail filtering (transforming, cha…

Author: Pierre A. Humblet
To: PDebski, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Cygwin, Exim, mail filtering (transforming, changing format)
At 08:05 PM 6/2/2002 -0000, PDebski@??? wrote:

>I think that the following problem is specific to Cygwin.
>
>local_delivery:
> driver = appendfile
> transport_filter = tee -a /usr/local/exim/spool/log/teelog.log
> file = /var/mail/$local_part

><Administrator@???> R=localuser T=local_delivery defer
>(32): Broken pipe: error while writing to /var/mail/administrator

Your example works fine for me on Cygwin (on a WinME) as long as I give
the absolute path, e.g. /bin/tee (the FAQ says "/your/filter/command"
and the specs "/some/directory/transport-filter.pl ")

I have looked up the code, it's using execv(). I believe that's the proper
behavior. execvp() would lookup PATH.

Philip, wish of the day:
in this case child_close() on line 993 of transport.c
returned EX_UNAVAILABLE, indicating problems in launching the filter.
Reporting that error, instead of broken pipe, would be helpful.

Pierre