Re: [Exim] percent hack relaying help, please

Author: Nancy Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] percent hack relaying help, please
Philip,

> Guess I need a vacation. That gives me an excuse to tell the list that I
> will be away on vacation (and not reading email) next week.

Have a nice vacation.

> I'm not familiar with the Debian configurations. What did you find
> counter-intuitive? As far as vanilla Exim is concerned (as shipped by

The concept that I needed to permit percent hack relaying for a restricted
domain in order to turn it off for outside domains. It would seem that if
I left this unconfigured (as it was in the example sent), it should not
permit relaying. That was not the case. I have configured two hosts as
internet sites where the percent hack relay was not defined and they
behaved as I expected - they did not permit relaying. Default relaying
behavior only happened when I defined the hosts as satellite systems and
left the percent hack relay item undefined.

> me), it doesn't do percent-hack forwarding by default. If you want to
> permit it, you have to tell it which of your domains it should do it
> for. That seems logical to me, but maybe there's something I've missed?

I have forwarded the information to the person who is listed as maintaining
the Debian package for exim. I have not heard back from them.

Thanks for your assistance with this. Looks like I need to invest in yet
another O'Reilly book ;-)

Nancy