Re: [Exim] Spamassassin and transport failure

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: dman
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Spamassassin and transport failure
--
On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 02:37:50PM +0100, j.linn wrote:
| My problems is when the system runs out of resources, the time to scan
| takes longer and longer.

How about looking at the deliver_queue_load_max option?

| Yesterday is was failing on a few 100 messages but I think I needed
| more tday. In the spamd log it shows by the time to scan going from
| 0 or 1 sec to 20 to 100 to .... and finally it breaks the timeout on
| [B]SMTP.

I managed to do that once :-). I had just brought my system up and
was trying to transfer the mails that had landed in my inbox at school
to my own machine. With ~900 messages arriving as fast as formail and
sendmail could transfer them my system load average neared 30. Oops.
After a couple of minutes spamd got through all the messages and the
load went down. (Then I realized I messed up the formail command and
hosed the messages. I started the process over again, but after
setting the load_max option.)

-D

--

"640K ought to be enough for anybody" -Bill Gates, 1981