Re: [Exim] Spamassassin and transport failure

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Horne
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Spamassassin and transport failure
On Friday 17 May 2002 17:10, John Horne wrote:
> The following address(es) failed:
>
>     jhorne@???
>       Child process of spamcheck transport returned 2 from command:
>       /usr/local/exim/bin/exim

> The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:
>
> ------ jhorne@??? ------
>
> An error was detected while processing a file of BSMTP input.
> The error message was:
>
>     554 Unexpected end of file

Okay, I've got this solved :-) I can't debug exim remotely, but of course the
transport is invoking exim for me, so I changed my exim configure to say:

command = /usr/local/exim/bin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS -d9

Restart exim. I then sent a message from my work PC and all the debugging was
returned as part of the error message. I received (the relevant bit):

SMTP<< MAIL FROM:<jhorne@???>
SMTP<< RCPT TO:<jhorne@???>
SMTP<< DATA
search_tidyup called
>>Original headers (size=90):

ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/spamc: fatal: libgdbm.so.2: open failed: No such
file or directory

  LOG: 4 MAIN
    unexpected EOF while reading SMTP data (after header) from exim
  Handling error in batched SMTP input
  An error was detected while processing a file of BSMTP input.

The problem was that spamc wasn't finding the libgdbm libraries. The
libraries were installed into /usr/local/lib, and I have that path in the
/etc/profile file, so I'm a little lost as to why it had a problem (must be
the way the process is forked? I'll have to read a bit more about pipe
transports). Anyway, I created soft links of the libraries in /usr/lib, and
it then started to work okay :-)

John.
--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK            Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???