Re: [Exim] .spec suggestion for RedHat

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Leonid Mamtchenkov
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] .spec suggestion for RedHat
On Sun, 2002-05-19 at 14:15, Leonid Mamtchenkov wrote:
> RedHat Linux originally comes with sendmail installed. All programs
> that depend on MTA (as far as I know) require "smtpdaemon", which exim
> rpms do not provide. Since rpms packages are mostly for RedHat systems,
> I think that would be a Good Thing (TM) to add "Provides: smtpdaemon" to
> the .spec file.

Would be a great idea, except that the exim rpm already provides
smtpdaemon. [You are probably looking at the subpackages which do not
provide that, however an exim installation requires the exim package and
one of the alternative daemon packages - ie base, perl, mysql etc]

On other points raised (by others) about the rpms, I have not looked at
the alternatives schemes as yet, and not got to considering the
capabilities required by the exim user.

    Nigel.