[Exim] .spec suggestion for RedHat

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Leonid Mamtchenkov
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] .spec suggestion for RedHat
Hello,

I am not sure where to write with this, cause Vendor is not specified in
RPMs from ftp.exim.org, so I guess here is a good place.

RedHat Linux originally comes with sendmail installed. All programs
that depend on MTA (as far as I know) require "smtpdaemon", which exim
rpms do not provide. Since rpms packages are mostly for RedHat systems,
I think that would be a Good Thing (TM) to add "Provides: smtpdaemon" to
the .spec file.

PS: Please CC me with replies since I am not subscribed to the list.

--
Best regards,
Leonid Mamtchenkov, RHCE