Re: [Exim] Re: Persistent DB connections to MySQL database

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Re: Persistent DB connections to MySQL database
On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 14:18, Philip Hazel wrote:
> The problem with NDBM is that it uses *two* files, thus making it
> impossible to do an atomic rename. Well, not impossible, just messier.
> What you need to do is to put the two files into a directory, and rename
> the directory.

That won't work either. You can't rename a directory in place of
another directory in one operation - you need to move the target out of
the way first.

Also consider this:-
process X opens dir/dbfile.1
process Y renames newdir into the place of dir
process X opens dir/dbfile.2

dbfile.1 and dbfile.2 do not come from the same original directory.

    Nigel.