Re: [Exim] Announce: exim 3 style error messages in exim 4 +…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Marc MERLIN
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Announce: exim 3 style error messages in exim 4 + custom ones
On Thu, 16 May 2002, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> Philip, while this is not the final patch, I'm very interested in getting
> this into exim this time.

I have noted this on the Wish List. I am unlikely to look at it
immediately, because I'm only making very small changes at the moment
(and bug fixes) while I'm working on the next edition of the book. (And
other things like vacations and courses are happening.) So don't expect
to see it in the next point releases.

> The page with the patch and examples is here:
> http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/

I haven't looked at that yet, but one thing is certain: this has to be
optional because there are some postmasters who take precisely the
opposite view, namely, that you should not give out this kind of
detailed information. I had to add the no_details option to suppress
what Exim already gives.