Re: [Exim] Clever spammer :(

Autor: Sean Rima
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Clever spammer :(
On Wed, 15 May 2002, Tamas TEVESZ stipulated:

> On Wed, 15 May 2002, Sean Rima wrote:
>
> > - -oilandgasremoval@???
> >
> > Any attempt by any of my antispam software (tmda for example) which
> > tries to confirm or deny the existamce of the email address fails
> > because exim sees the -oiland.... as a command line option.
>
> it's like with any (well, most, at least) unix stuff, "--" serves as a
> `pseudo option' that tells the software that stuff after this are not
> options but other kinds of arguments

I forgot that but TBH, it is the first time I have seen a spammer do
this which is why it caught me on the hop :)

See Ya, Sean

- --
  Sean Rima                                http://www.tcob1.net
  Linux User:      231986          Jabber:   tcobone@???
  THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF MY WIFE.