Re: [Exim] Clever spammer :(

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: Sean Rima
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Clever spammer :(
On 2002-05-15 at 09:29 +0100, Sean Rima wrote:
> I use various anti spam messages but this spammer took the biscuit:
> -oilandgasremoval@???
>
> Any attempt by any of my antispam software (tmda for example) which
> tries to confirm or deny the existamce of the email address fails
> because exim sees the -oiland.... as a command line option.

-----------------------------< cut here >-------------------------------
5.3 Command line options

The command options are described in alphabetical order below.

--     This is a pseudo-option whose only purpose is to terminate the options
       and therefore to cause subsequent command line items to be treated as
       arguments rather than options, even if they begin with hyphens.

Exactly the same as most other modern Unix software.
--
Frequency Hopping (v.i.):
Avoiding creditors by never staying long at the same address.