Re: [Exim] Fixing '421 too many recipients' and other forms …

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: John (TJ) Penton
To: Giles Constant
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Fixing '421 too many recipients' and other forms of queue constipation
On Tue, 14 May 2002, Giles Constant wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I notice a thread
> 'http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20020325/036796.html'
> about this problem where someone's sent an email to a huge number of
> recipients, many of which are at the same domain, and now none of the
> emails are going out cause the remote server kicks the sending server off
> having sent none. The gist of the thread eventually settled on the
> response "don't do it", and if it were me it wouldn't have been done in
> the first place, but the fact is that someone HAS done it and it's now my
> job to find some way of getting what's left of the mailing list out
> of the door!
>
> Therefore, is there a way of either:
>
> 1) restricting the number of recipients at a remote host that exim will
> try to send
>
> or (more desirably)
>
> 2) take a spooled message addressed to more than one recipient, and split
> it into several spool files, one for each recipient?
>
> Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated :-)

I use max_rcpt within the SMTP transport. This causes exim to break the
message up into multiple SMTP sessions - see the documentation for
details, I can't remember exactly how it works.

John

--
"Bring what?"
"Things to eat."