[Exim] Slightly OT: Virus Scanners + Exim

Autor: Jon Kyme
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Slightly OT: Virus Scanners + Exim
>people recommend for virus scanners on linux rhdhat by price, your
opinion
>of the product and updates for virii definations.

We're looking at:

F-Prot Linux for Small Business
$300 per server - 1 year virus signature updates, version upgrades, and e-mail technical support.
For another $150 it looks like you get a daemonized version
which might be nice.
I believe there's a no-charge personal license.

I don't know that they're the quickest off the mark with new definitions
but it claims a 'heuristic forward-looking ability' for detecting
'unknown threats' so it can probably predict the results of
sporting events and stop you getting mugged.

It's seems to be basically a port of the DOS version(!)
and can't scan stdin - which is a shame.