RE: [Exim] the Klez virus

Autor: Douglas Gray Stephens
A: Sedat Yilmazer
CC: 'Brown', exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] the Klez virus
Sedat,

At 13:11 (GMT+0300) on 10-May-2002, Sedat Yilmazer wrote:

> System_filter.exim has a bug. It only looks for file names WITHOUT a
> spave in it. If you send an "some virus file .exe" then }t passes
> through. I have changed the "......\\\\S+.... in the file name cheching
> with .....[^\n\r]+ and it seems to be working fine now...

I do not agree. Spaces in file names should be quoted (may that
should be a MUST in IETF language), e.g.
name="somthing with a space.txt"
the virus is not quoting the name, so using
name=somthing with a space.txt

As the message is part of a multipart related MIME message, the mail
client may not need to use the file name, and so this broken mime
header is not trapped.

Douglas.

--

Douglas GRAY STEPHENS