Re: [Exim] Backup mail server configs

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy C. Reed
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Matthew Daubenspeck
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Backup mail server configs
On Thu, 9 May 2002, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

> Is anyone using exim as a main server as well as 1 (or more) exim
> servers as a backup MX? If so, can someone explain how to configure it
> properly?

Yes.

Okay.

> I have the backup simply able to relay messages for the
> domains that are hosted on the main mail server, and it properly
> accepts and queues messages. However, it seems that the backup server
> ignores any retry rules listed and trys to send the messages
> immediatly, resulting in a failed message because of "a suspected mail
> loop."

This is what I do (with 3.x) on back up server:

- no extra retry rules -- just use the defaults
- domain is not listed in local_domains
- domain is listed in relay_domains

It takes about 30 seconds to set up.

Also, make sure the DNS is correct: high priority (low number) MX point to
real (main) mail server and low priority (larger number) MX for backup
mail server.

Good luck,

Jeremy C. Reed
echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'