Re: [Exim] condition just plain doesn't work

Top Pagina
Auteur: Giles Constant
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] condition just plain doesn't work
On Wed, 8 May 2002, David Sheryn wrote:

> > > condition = ${if eq{$sender_host_address}{192.168.1.100}{yes}{no}}
> >
> > That looks right, but it's still accepting for _anything_!!
> >
> > As I say - I even tried 'condition = no', which I would have thought would
> > comprehensively reject anything you throw at it. Instead, every time I
> > mail it, it goes through the system and I get the email.
>
> As Tamas says, we don't have the full picture, but here's a thought: are
> you *quite sure* it's THAT director which is directing the mail ? Since
> you don't have "more = no" or "no_more" set, directing will continue if
> this director declines to handle the address...

Ok, sorry for the confusion people :-) I've worked out the problem..

A verbose debug revealed that the domain part of the mailing list was
in the 'relay_domains', and the MX record for that host just happened to
point to a machine which USED to hold the mailing list and hadn't had it
removed! Cheers for the help!

--
Giles Constant, Systems Programmer
Hyperlink Interactive