Re: [Exim] Per-user dnslist exceptions

Author: Jason L Tibbitts III
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Per-user dnslist exceptions
>>>>> "MM" == Marc MERLIN <marc_news@???> writes:

MM> If I may, you should not do this.

This is a religious issue, and I have actively chosen to make use of
these blocklists. I fully understand the implications. But I am only
just converting from Sendmail, and after more analysis I may convert
to merely warning on Spamcop hits. Osirusoft (and more precisely, SPEWS)
stays, because I agree with SPEWS wholeheartedly (including the
intentional collateral damage).

MM> Again, running spamassassin instead would solve this problem.

I was mostly unimpressed with spamassassin, but I intend to
investigate it again in the future.

MM> Doesn't !hosts = lsearch;/home/{local_part}/whitelist_hosts work?

No dollar sign there? Perhaps that's what I was doing wrong. (And
having to automount /home for every mail delivery is a bad idea around
here.)

MM> Once you hit system_filter, it's too late, you've accepted the
MM> mail, so you then have to trust the return address if you want to
MM> bounce the mail.

That's what I was afraid of. Of course, that may be OK, because the
ones who care about the bounces are the ones using real addresses.
Spammers probably don't care at all.

I'll look into your spamassasin hooks. Thanks for the input.

- J<