[Exim] Slightly offtopic: Exiscan problem

Author: Christopher Bodenstein
To: Exim Users list
Subject: [Exim] Slightly offtopic: Exiscan problem
Hi all,

I'm running Exim 4.04 with exiscan 4.04-5 and sometimes I notice the
following message in the logs of the relay sending mail to that box:

2002-05-06 16:51:35 174jpv-0003s7-00 Malformed SMTP response from gatsby.mail.be.easynet.net [212.100.160.69] after end of data: TNEF read_32() Attempting to read past end

(gatsby.mail.be.easynet.net being the exim+exiscan box)
The Antivirus software I use with exiscan is Sophos Sweep and, so far,
the only option I found to avoid this problem is to disable exiscan.

Something else that I find weird is that after this message the remote
mailer is apparently not able to send mail to gatsby:

2002-05-06 16:51:41 174jq1-0003sM-00 == someone@??? <someone@???> T=remote_smtp defer (-44): retry time not reached for any host

(the domain be.easynet.net is forwarded from the current mail server to
gatsby.mail.be.easynet.net)

As far as I could check there's nothing wrong with the tnef attachment.

Did anyone encounter the same problem? Any idea on how to solve it
(apart of disabling exiscan of course ;)

Kind regards,

Chris

--
Christopher Bodenstein - christopher.bodenstein@???
Systems Administrator - Easynet Belgium

The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
robbers there will be.
                -- Lao Tsu