Re: [Exim] Cyrus exim4.x RH 7.2 -- new install looking for …

Autor: Matt Bernstein
A: Jochen Kulow
CC: richard, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Cyrus exim4.x RH 7.2 -- new install looking for manuals to rtfm, possible samples, links to more information
On May 5 Jochen Kulow wrote:

>Zitat von richard <richard.reynolds@???>:
>
>> Im looking for documents, sample configurations, anything i can get my
>> hands
>> on.

>I don't have manuals, but the same system configuration. Compiling however was
>no big deal with my machine.
>Getting exim and cyrus together even more. It seems that exim does not pipe
>anymore to cyrus so I think you just use the lmtp. But you have to put it in
>when compiling, that line is usually commented out.

>transport:
>local_delivery_cyrus:
> driver = lmtp
> command = "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -l -m user.$local_part"
> user = cyrus

Or you can use the Exim smtp transport with "driver = lmtp", in which case
you'll be wanting to run "lmtpd -a" on localhost from your Cyrus master
process. This could be lighter than above (which is really still a pipe).

If you don't require Kerberos, more recent Cyrus 2.1s should build quite
easily (though I remember having to configure --without- and --disable-..)
and Exim can easily deliver to it. One thing I don't know about is how to
get Exim to use SASL for SMTP AUTH, but since my saslauthd uses PAM it's
not a problem for me...