Re: [Exim] smarthost

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil Pennock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Eric Ortego
Υ/ο: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] smarthost
On 2002-05-04 at 14:40 +0100, Eric Ortego wrote:
> Well If I move the section smarthost: up into the routers section I recieve
> thee same error with router replacing transport. Is there something Im not
> reading between the lines and getting? I am explictly putting in the lines
> just after begin routers.

"begin routers" looks like Exim 4. The example you were given was for
Exim 3. There have been major, incompatible, changes to the config file
format between these two major versions.

It's helpful to _always_ include your version number, for _any_ software
product, when asking for help. Also other information which is likely
to be relevant.

> smarthost:
> driver = domainlist
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = * kraken.cctechnol.com
> host_find_failed = freeze

[and not seen directly on list:]
> > >Great! If I understood you correctly what I am trying to do is send mail
> > >from my laptop(exim/dumbhost) through my companys(exim/smarthost). I know
> > >that host_accept_relay = 65.208.62.0/24 <there ip range> is added in
> there
> > >exim conf file, So I added your sugested smarthost: section to my config
> > >file but i get a runtime error
> > >
> > > 2002-04-30 15:40:35 Exim configuration error in line 483:
> > > transport smarthost: cannot find transport driver "domainlist"

Since you're using Exim 4, read section 19.6 of the Specification
(doc/spec.txt in the source distribution, or on the website in HTML).
That gives examples of the manualroute driver, including how to
implement smarthost functionality.

--
(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)ake down entire network?