Re: [Exim] smarthost

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Eric Ortego
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: Steve Romero
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] smarthost
Well If I move the section smarthost: up into the routers section I recieve
thee same error with router replacing transport. Is there something Im not
reading between the lines and getting? I am explictly putting in the lines
just after begin routers.

smarthost:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * kraken.cctechnol.com
host_find_failed = freeze

> Eric,
>
> Ok so domainlist is a router, not a transport. If you put the smarthost
> configuration bits in your config file, it has to go under the routers

section.

> Regards,
> Steve Romero
>
> At 03:51 PM 4/30/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >Great! If I understood you correctly what I am trying to do is send mail
> >from my laptop(exim/dumbhost) through my companys(exim/smarthost). I know
> >that host_accept_relay = 65.208.62.0/24 <there ip range> is added in

there
> >exim conf file, So I added your sugested smarthost: section to my config
> >file but i get a runtime error
> >
> > 2002-04-30 15:40:35 Exim configuration error in line 483:
> > transport smarthost: cannot find transport driver "domainlist"
> >
> >Thanks for your time,
> >Eric Ortego.
> >
> >On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 03:07:01PM -0500, Steve Romero wrote:
> > > Eric,
> > >
> > > A smarthost is a host that can relay mail on behalf of another MTA.
> > >
> > > I'm using this in my environment to offload the queueing mechanism on

> > > small Ultra 1 that is running sendmail to a larger Ultra 450 with more
> > > diskspace that is running Exim.
> > >
> > > To set up your MTA as a smart host you only need to modify one option

in
> > > your exim.conf file:
> > >
> > > host_accept_relay = some.dumbhost.com
> > >
> > > some.dumbhost.com represents the mail server that is relaying mail to

your
> > > Exim machine via a smarthost option. If you don't allow mail to be

relayed
> > > by the smarthost, then you will see rejections in your mail logs on

the
> > > dumbhost.
> > >
> > > In order to set up an Exim MTA to route mail to a smart host you would

do
> > > something similar to the following in your config:
> > >
> > > smarthost:
> > >    driver = domainlist
> > >    transport = remote_smtp
> > >    route_list = *
> > some.smarthost1.com:some.smarthost2.com:some.smarthost3.com
> > >    host_find_failed = freeze

> > > The host_find_failed option using the "freeze" switch will cause the

host
> > > trying to send mail to an unreachable smarthost to be frozen in the

run
> > > queue. This is the safe way to do things, as I've lost mail before on

the
> > > sendmail host - the default settings seem to discard mail when the
> > > smarthost is unavailable (oops).
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Steve Romero

be a