Re: [Exim] Newbie help needed

Author: wvaughan
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Newbie help needed
"Dave C." wrote:
> I presume that <wvaughan@???> is not an address (or even a
> domain) that is local to you? If so, you need to figure out why you
> are accepting mail for it. If you are deciding to accept mail based on
> the contents of the envelope sender (MAIL FROM:), or the From: message
> header, that THAT is the problem. Both of those are trivial to forge.
>
> Your relay check should be based on sender host IP address (numeric IPs
> only - no host names), or be based on SMTP AUTH...

I've read the manual I thought till I am red in the eye.
as soon as I make

domainlist local_domains = @

then all traffic is blocked

as soon as I append all the domains we answer for on that machine,
mail flows correctly, but we are open to that one type of open relay.

is that line (domainlist local_domains = ) not the same as sendmail's
cW directive?