Re: [Exim] Thoughts on load..

Author: Tamas TEVESZ
To: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Thoughts on load..
On Thu, 2 May 2002, Dave C. wrote:

> If I run several queue runner processes, it goes slightly faster, but
> the incremental gain seems to be lost due to them stumbling over each
> other ( eg, "another processs is handling this message")

i'm using sg like that for 'get the queue empty, fast' operations:

exim -bpru | exiqsumm | sed '1,4d;$d;s/^.*\ \(.[^\ ]*$\)/\1/' \
| xargs -P 10 -n 1 exim -v -qqR

(hi m :)

here one can play with xargs to start up that many qrunners that
generate 'acceptable' load. for my scenarios/needs/qualifications/etc
this works the best (i sometimes fiddle with -P a bit).

(hm, just thought about, if you configure exim [probably through a
different cfg file than your normally used one] to use aggressive
timeouts (connect, command, etc), then it's even more efficient
cleaning the queue up)

--
[-]