Re: SV: [Exim] I'm a total newbie to Exim

Author: John (TJ) Penton
To: Flemming Christensen
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: SV: [Exim] I'm a total newbie to Exim
On Thu, 2 May 2002, Flemming Christensen wrote:

> It seems that the mail is stuck in the /var/spool/exim/input directory.
> What am I missing ?
>
> I have used the standard settings for install directories and exim
> files has been placed in /usr/exim/bin

What do your logs look like? Your messages have been deferred. What
reason does Exim give for deferring them?

In many cases I find that Exim fails to deliver local mail because it does
not have the appropriate permissions in the mail directory (often
/var/spool/mail/).

To do a queue run, do: exim -qf
If this helps, then your problem is that you don't have a queue runner - I
think this is unlikely because Exim will make an attempt to deliver the
mail when it is received - it doesn't automatically defer (unless you ask
it to).

To get useful help from this mailing list, it would be helpful if you
could include fragments of log files and possibly config files (nothing
too big though). We're not psychic!

John

--
...felt awkward and unhappy suddenly, because it was a
sort of good-bye they were saying, and they didn't want