Re: [Exim] exim 4.x + LDAP + courier-imap

Author: Sean Rima
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 4.x + LDAP + courier-imap
On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Samuel GAUTIER spake thusly:

> the debug process just tell me that exim can't access the home directory of the user: normal it doesn't exist ....
>
> the first problem is that exim performs the lookup into my openldap but try to write messages into the home directory instead of using the "maildrop" attribute of the user and so, i think it uses the local_delivery instead of those defined for my ldap users in the configuration file.

I use LDAP/COURIER/EXIM and do it by setting the homedir to /var/tmp or
another such directory. As long as exim can write to the maildir then
there should be no problem.

See Ya, Sean

- --
  Sean Rima                                http://www.tcob1.net
  Linux User:      231986          Jabber:   tcobone@???
  THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF MY WIFE.