Re[2]: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Richard Welty
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim
Αντικείμενο: Re[2]: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:05:01 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time) Juha Saarinen <juha@???> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Andromeda wrote:

> > a) You start editing (or write a script that does)

> Editing the content could turn Nigel et al into publishers. Probably not
> good idea.

it wouldn't in the US (the parts of the CDA that weren't struck down apply
here) but in the UK, it probably does do that.

i've been threatened with a lawsuit over mailing list archives, got some
good legal advice, and in the US, the CDA is pretty clear. there's no case
law at the Supreme Court level, but in two circuits, the Appeals courts
have upheld the relevant portions of the CDA. a US archive host would
probably be ok.

i could set one up on my server, based on mhonarc, i suppose.

sigh,
  richard
--
Richard Welty