Re: [Exim] allowing local_part with suffix in sender

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: David Snowden
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] allowing local_part with suffix in sender
On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, David Snowden wrote:

> I had based the new director on the existing "localuser" director
> (but using a new transport which uses the appendfile driver),
> including the option "driver = localuser", and if I now understand
> the manual correctly that was causing exim to call getpwnam() to
> check the local part ("username-boxname") and I suspect that is why
> it was complaining about "unknown local part".

Sounds very plausible. You could have used "suffix" to get rid of the
suffix, of source.

> I changed the driver option to "driver = smartuser" and, once I
> had worked out that I then also needed to include the option
> "user = $local_part", that seemed to fix the problem.
>
> I then tried reverting to using "driver = localuser" whilst retaining
> the option "user = $local_part", and that seems to work too.

Odd.

> Although it is now working, I would still appreciate it if someone could
> take a moment to explain to me what adding "user = $local_part" is
> actually doing in this context that is making the difference
> between the director working and it reporting "unknown local part".

user = $local_part *shouldn't* make a different to a localuser director.
I can't offhand explain the effect. You'll have to run tests with -d9 to
see if that shows up any difference.