Re: [Exim] User authentication to enable relaying

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] User authentication to enable relaying
On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 03:52:52PM +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> (How) is it possible to authenticate a "user" that may be connecting
> from different networks onto a non-open relay.

[snip]
> Is this a job for TLS/SSL certificates?

I'd claim so, but unfortunately there are broken (hello, VA Systems :-)
systems out there that like the sound of encryption but don't understand
the potential problems with opportunistic encryption, and so this technique,
despite being better than SMTP AUTH is probably best avoided.

MBM