Re: [Exim] Spamassassin at SMTP time with local_scan

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sean Rima
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Spamassassin at SMTP time with local_scan
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Matthew Byng-Maddick spake thusly:

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 08:50:01PM +0100, Sean Rima wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Matthew Byng-Maddick spake thusly:
>> > And if you get duplicate mail, don't blame anyone but yourselves.
>> Not having looked at linking both, I am curious how you feel there would
>> be duplicate mails.
>
> RFC2821 S6.1:
> [...]
>| To avoid receiving duplicate messages as the result of timeouts, a
>| receiver-SMTP MUST seek to minimize the time required to respond to
>| the final <CRLF>.<CRLF> end of data indicator. See RFC 1047 [28] for
>| a discussion of this problem.
>
> I think that's pretty explicit.
>
> If you don't see why, S4.5.3.2 "DATA Termination" has a bit more discussion.

Okay I see where you are coming from. And I can see there is a strong
possibilty of time outs etc, although I wonder if the source for spamc
was included into local_scan would this speed things up, I don't know,
only throwing the idea out.

See Ya, Sean

- --
  Sean Rima                                http://www.tcob1.net
  Linux User:      231986          Jabber:   tcobone@???
  THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF MY WIFE.