Re: [Exim] Feature request regarding invalid EHLO/HELO

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Stian Grytoyr
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Feature request regarding invalid EHLO/HELO
On 17 Apr 2002, Stian Grytoyr wrote:

> My suggestion is to have some option that can be enabled,
> which makes Exim log invalid HELO/EHLOs with a warning to
> mainlog (or perhaps some other log file), but without an
> error being sent to the "offending" server. I don't know if
> anyone else sees the need for this, but I think it would be
> neat :)

I can think of several ways of doing this, all of which make use of the
$sender_helo_name variable.

(1) Put something in a system filter:

      if $sender_helo_name matches ...  then logwrite ....

(2) Put something in an ACL

      warn   logmessage = bad helo $sender_helo_name from $sender_host_address
             condition = ${if match{$sender_helo_name}{...}{yes}{no}}

where in each case you need a regular expression that matches bad names.
Actually, it might be easier to write a regex that matches good names,
and turn the tests the other way round.