[Exim] How to use the autoreply transport

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Christopher Bodenstein
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users list
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] How to use the autoreply transport
Hello,

I'm trying to set up Exim 4.02 to use the autoreply transport but get
somehow stucked.

What I want to achieve is the following: having a list of users in a
file and when one of these matches an incoming email then use the
autoreply transport to generate an automatic reply to the sender.

I try to do the following:
Define a transport user_autoreply
user_autoreply:
driver = redirect
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim/autoreply}}
reply_transport = user_autoreply

and then the user_autoreply transport
user_autoreply:
driver = autoreply
to = $sender_address
subject = Out of office
text = Currently out of office.

And the /etc/exim/autoreply file would contain entries like
user1
user2

However I realize that the data part or the router expects entries in
the form
user1: redirect_address

So that the current set up won't match that router and then deliver mail
locally.

I can trigger the user_autoreply transport by using a filter matching
the $local_part and sending a mail to the sender; but since I read in
the documentation (Chapter 26, first paragraph):
"However, it can also be run directly from a router like any other
transport"
I was wondering how I could do that.

Any help is welcome

Kind regards,

Chris

--
Christopher Bodenstein - christopher.bodenstein@???
Systems Administrator - Easynet Belgium

The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
robbers there will be.
                -- Lao Tsu