Re: [Exim] Config Request?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John W Baxter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Config Request?
At 19:47 +0200 4/12/2002, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
>On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Chris Knipe wrote:
>
> > With a permissions check, I am talking about such things as exim being
> > able to open files (alias files, .forward, mailboxes, certificates,
> > general files included as options from the config, lookups, etc)...
>
>all of them ? *grin*
>
>insane. for readily-available files (meaning aliasfiles, route files,
>and the like) probably, but to go over all the user's homes and check
>for various files if it encounters a ${home}/.procmailrc ? and what if
>it has a, say, file = ${domain}.aliases ? go over all the local
>domains exim recognizes ? :) insane, i'm saying.
>
>don't declare your installation as 'ready for production' until you
>haven't sent test mails to all the users, if that's your concern. much
>simpler and less error-prone solution to the same problem :)

However, there's a possible middle ground. I seem quite adept at writing
lookups and conditions which pass the exim -bV -C blah
testing but produce failures (incorrect {} placement, quoting problems,
etc) when used in later testing with [pseudo] messages. I don't know
whether the syntactic difficulties can be caught easily at exim -bV time,
or not...it would probably be testing which is in addition to the syntax
checking at normal load time.

Philip, does such added testing--triggered by -bV, perhaps--seem reasonable
as a post-book wish list item?

--John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA