Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Config Request?
Tamas TEVESZ(ice@???)@Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 07:47:01PM +0200:
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Chris Knipe wrote:
>
> > With a permissions check, I am talking about such things as exim being
> > able to open files (alias files, .forward, mailboxes, certificates,
> > general files included as options from the config, lookups, etc)...
>
> all of them ? *grin*
>
> insane. for readily-available files (meaning aliasfiles, route files,
> and the like) probably, but to go over all the user's homes and check
> for various files if it encounters a ${home}/.procmailrc ? and what if
> it has a, say, file = ${domain}.aliases ? go over all the local
> domains exim recognizes ? :) insane, i'm saying.

EEEK!!! Damm mutt :> (or rather me)... My reply didn't goto the list...
so here goes ;)

Definately no... Checking everything would be overkill yes. Maybe it was
just a bit of a inacurate email from me, but what I ment was rather to
just do these type of checks on items in the main part of the config
file?? (The essentials?)

Checking on transports / directors will def. take forever on large
systems when u think of user dirs, aliases, mailing lists, etc etc etc.

--

Regards,
Chris Knipe

               Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.