Re: [Exim] Config Request?

Author: Tamas TEVESZ
To: Chris Knipe
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Config Request?
On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Chris Knipe wrote:

> With a permissions check, I am talking about such things as exim being
> able to open files (alias files, .forward, mailboxes, certificates,
> general files included as options from the config, lookups, etc)...

all of them ? *grin*

insane. for readily-available files (meaning aliasfiles, route files,
and the like) probably, but to go over all the user's homes and check
for various files if it encounters a ${home}/.procmailrc ? and what if
it has a, say, file = ${domain}.aliases ? go over all the local
domains exim recognizes ? :) insane, i'm saying.

don't declare your installation as 'ready for production' until you
haven't sent test mails to all the users, if that's your concern. much
simpler and less error-prone solution to the same problem :)

--
[-]