Re: [Exim] IP-based rejection

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Paul Makepeace
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] IP-based rejection
On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 09:10:41AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>
> > So, I have in exim.conf,
> >
> > host_reject_recipients = lsearch;/etc/mail/host_reject
> >
> > which is a list of IP-addresses only, i.e. none of them are fqdns. Yet,
> > it is still failing because it can't look them up? Is this intentional,
> > and should I be using this some other way?
>
> Replace lsearch by net-lsearch. Or remove lsearch; altogether. Then go
> and RTFM to find out why. :-)

I might be having a slow day, but I do generally attempt to RTFM before
hitting the mailing list. I *still* can't find any reference to
net-lsearch, having searched chap. 6 in the 3.x manual (which contains
an lsearch explanation).

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec_6.html#SEC145

(That notwithstanding, it is now working, thanks :-) And thanks to Alan
for his re-parse of Philip's explanation that I'd completely
misunderstood first time 'round.)

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"If fear holds over all, then it would be a real job to use the phone
directory."
-- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/