[Exim] Re: TLS and certificate chains

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: TLS and certificate chains
On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 04:40:39PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
>
> > If you have the GlobalSign root CA installed on the client, but require
> > additional certificates in the chain, I think you're screwed when it
> > comes to Exim.
>
> But you won't be with Exim 4.03. John sussed this all out and sent a
> patch which makes Exim send a chain of certificates to the client instead
> of just one. (And I've just bought a book about SSL/TLS, so I might even
> understand a bit more of this stuff in a few months' time.)

Thanks, that would be cool.
I also had the problem at work, we have a wildcard cert from geotrust, and
their cert is signed by thawte (sp???). In the meantime, we purchased a
separate cert (with no trust chain) for use exim.

Cheers,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key