Re: [Exim] smtp authentification

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jakob Hirsch
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Klesel, Roman, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] smtp authentification
Klesel, Roman <roman.klesel@???> wrote:

Hi,

> I can't get the smtp authentification to work. I made several
> attempts but all failed.

So you want exim to authenticate on outgoing connections to the
smarthost? To see what exactly is going wrong you should start exim
with -d (debugging enabled).

Surely one problem is your smarthost smtp.compuserve.de itself:

220 Compuserve Office Mail Service (desws060) ESMTP
ehlo test
250-Compuserve Office Mail Service (desws060)
250-PIPELINING
250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN        (!)
250 8BITMIME

Notice the line with the exclamation mark (set by me). This is not
RFC-compliant (should be "250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN") and exim does not
recognize it as a valid announcement for AUTH availability (AFAIK).
Contact your ISP to fix this (good luck!) or patch your exim to accept
this M$-style crap.

--
Bye, Jakob