Re: [Exim] LDAP lookup in rewrite rule (Exim 3.33)

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Oliver Egginger
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Philip Hazel
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] LDAP lookup in rewrite rule (Exim 3.33)
>Is the headers_rewrite setting the only place you have that string in your
>configuration?

Strictly speaking yes.
But I have a similar string in the configuration of one of my ldap list directors.
Here it is:

errors_to = ${lookup ldap {ldap://mailserv.fh-giessen.de/o=FH%20Giessen,c=DE?errorsTo?sub?(&(cn=$local_part)(objectclass=rfc822mailgroup))} {$value} {postmaster}}

It's working perfectly for years (since Exim 2), without quotes.
So I was thinking I could port this expression simply to the header_rewrite setting in one of my mailman list transports.

headers_rewrite = *@*fh.giessen.de "${lookup ldap {ldap://mailserv.fh-giessen.de/ou=groups,o=FH%20Giessen,c=DE?cn?sub?(mail=$local_part*)}{$value@???}fail}" t

For my tests I replaced "mail=$local_part*" by "mail=testlist*", cause I tested the string with "exim -be" too (successfully).
But in the Exim configuration it produced the described failure and Exim only accept it in quotes.
With "exim -be" there is no need for quoting the same is true for the "errors_to" option.

>If I had to guess I'd suspect you are using a macro and that the macro
>appears somewhere else as well...

Not knowingly :-)
Do you (principle) think it should work ?
Why I need no quotes in the "errors_to" option ?
Is the parser working there in a different way ?

- oliver

complete message from yesterday: