Re: [Exim] Problem with antivirus + exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Kirill Miazine
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Problem with antivirus + exim
* Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> [20020409 11:37]:
> On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 10:48, Stefano Cobianchi wrote:
> > and the contents of ravexim_filter are:
> >
> > # Exim filter
> > # check if this message has already been scanned
> > if not first_delivery then
> > finish
> > endif
> > #send the message to RAV if it has not been scanned
> > if $received_protocol is not "mail-ok" then
> > pipe "/usr/local/rav8/bin/ravexim $sender_address $recipients"
> > endif
>
> How does this handle null sender?
> What happens if there are a few thousand recipients?
> What happens if the recipient addresses contain special characters, or
> spaces or other interesting things?
>
> We seem to keep seeing people inventing the same old mistakes.
>
> My own personal view is that using BSMTP encapsulation of the message
> metadata is much much safer, and using a director (or exim 4 router) to
> push to a special transport is a better way to do than involving the
> message filter.

RAV was using addresses available in message headers, it was ignoring
(!) all command line args. No wonder some of recipients (like Bcc: which
is an empty header) was dropped. No wonder that the sender address was
changed - From: address was used, not the original $sender_address.

I contacted Gecad Software again telling them about the problem (now
they couldn't say it was because I was using Exim 4). They should have
uploaded an update that should use command line arguments.

--
Kirill