[Exim] Need help setting up SMTP AUTH

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dennis Pinckard
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Need help setting up SMTP AUTH
I know this is a popular request on the lists and I've searched but I
still can't find the answer.

I am attempting to set up an outbound SMTP server that provides
authentication to the various Microsoft and Linux clients. Main
emphasis is on Microsoft clients.

I am using the EXIM server as I have setup Bynari's Mail Server and it
uses EXIM. They don't provide a means to do SMTP AUTH and their free
server is without support. Rather than screwing up that configuration,
I've decided to have a seperate outbound server and let the Bynari box
handle just inbound.

I've downloaded the latest source from Exim.org, untarred it and created
the Local/Makefile. I've tried to set it up to support LDAP (that's
where Bynari keeps mail account info) and pam (mainly for testing right
now).

Everything seems to configure OK, but the server doesn't announce any
authentication methods.

Also, adding and uncommenting any of the following gives an unknown
keyword error on startup:

#auth_always_advertise = true
#auth_hosts = *
#host_auth_accept_relay = *

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance

Dennis Pinckard

Below is more detail on my steps so far.

I made sure to uncomment:

LOOKUP_LDAP=yes
LDAP_LIB_TYPE=OPENLDAP2

LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I /usr/local/ldap/include
LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -lldap -llber -lpam

AUTH_CRAM_MD5=yes
AUTH_PLAINTEXT=yes
AUTH_SPA=yes

SUPPORT_PAM=yes

Other than that, I set the userid and maybe the logfile. I don't see
any other changes I made to the Makefile

I ran make and everything compiled without any errors or warnings that I
could see.

I did a make install and created a link from /usr/exim/bin/exim to
/usr/sbin/sendmail. I'm using a RedHat 7.2 system with Sendmail
disabled.

I edited the /usr/exim/configure to include authentication drivers I
pulled from the config.samples tar file.

========================
begin authenticators

plain:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
server_condition = "${if pam{$2:$3}{1}{0}}"
server_set_id = $2

login:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
server_condition = "${if pam{$1:$2}{1}{0}}"
server_set_id = $1

# End of Exim configuration file
=========================

I ran /usr/exim/bin/exim -bV and get just the version number back so I
think the config file is OK.

Running '/usr/exim/bin/exim -bP authenticators' yields:

=========================
plain authenticator:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
server_debug_print =
server_mail_auth_condition =
server_set_id = $2
client_send =
server_condition = ${if pam{$2:$3}{1}{0}}
server_prompts =

login authenticator:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
server_debug_print =
server_mail_auth_condition =
server_set_id = $1
client_send =
server_condition = ${if pam{$1:$2}{1}{0}}
server_prompts = Username:: : Password::
=========================

Attempting the AUTH command from a telnet session:

=========================
# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 outbound.edgia.com ESMTP Exim 4.02 Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:13:41 -0500
AUTH
504 authentication mechanism not supported
quit
221 outbound.edgia.com closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.