Re: [Exim] Problem with antivirus + exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Problem with antivirus + exim
On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 10:48, Stefano Cobianchi wrote:
> I have installed the RAV antivirus (www.ravav.com) on my Exim mail
> server, but I'm experiencing some problems with redirected messages.
>
> The virus checker is a global message filter:

This seems to be becoming a popular way of grafting in functionality.
It appears to be that it is almost always a bad way of doing such
things.

> and the contents of ravexim_filter are:
>
> # Exim filter
> # check if this message has already been scanned
> if not first_delivery then
> finish
> endif
> #send the message to RAV if it has not been scanned
> if $received_protocol is not "mail-ok" then
> pipe "/usr/local/rav8/bin/ravexim $sender_address $recipients"
> endif

How does this handle null sender?
What happens if there are a few thousand recipients?
What happens if the recipient addresses contain special characters, or
spaces or other interesting things?

We seem to keep seeing people inventing the same old mistakes.

My own personal view is that using BSMTP encapsulation of the message
metadata is much much safer, and using a director (or exim 4 router) to
push to a special transport is a better way to do than involving the
message filter.

    Nigel.