Re: A note about open relay lists (was Re: [Exim] Hi. Open r…

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: A note about open relay lists (was Re: [Exim] Hi. Open relay response...)
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:44:09 -0800 (PST) Greg Webster <greg@???> wrote:
> If you are going to use a open relay list, make sure it is actively
> maintained and the owner is contactable

i'd also review their policies carefully and decide if they can be lived
with. there are a number of open relay lists, with widely varying policies.

i like relays.visi.com. it lists open relays that have been actively used
to transmit spam, and entries expire automatically. it's an open relay list
that works well for conservative mail administrators (like me.)

richard
--
Richard Welty
rwelty@???                                 Averill Park Networking