Re: [Exim] Relay uring "x@y"[IP]

Author: Patrice Fournier
To: Frederico Jesus da Costa
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relay uring "x@y"[IP]
Quoting Frederico Jesus da Costa <fred@???>:

> One of my Exim mail servers was Black listed as relay-open. I have beem
> thru all the manuals and there I've got that the directive
>
> percent_hack_domains=*
>
> would close this opening... indeed it closed the x%y@[IP}

You did remove that line from the configuration right? As it says to Exim:
rewrite recipients from every domain when the local part contain a % to a
new address consisting of the local part where the % is replaced by a @.
So yes, that would mean open relay.

>, but not the "x@y"[IP] one.. :-(
>
> I have upgraded from the 3.12 to 3.35 but it continues to accept ..
> :-(

Have you looked at your directors? Do you have any director that pipe to a
program that sends the mail back to exim (spam/virus scanner)? If so, are
you using only the local_part or the whole address? If using only the
local part, when the mail comes back to exim, a local part containing an @
is a complete address and exim accepts it as so.

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@???