[Exim] require verify = sender/callout versus yahoo.

Author: Friso Kuipers
To: Exim Users
Subject: [Exim] require verify = sender/callout versus yahoo.
Hello list,

I've been experimenting with 'require verify = sender/callout' in
'acl_smtp_rcpt'.

Seems to work great for fake msn.com and hotmail.com senders (thank you,
microsoft).

Not so for yahoo.com, because Exim does this test (spec.txt: 37.10):
    HELO <primary host name>
    MAIL FROM:<>
    RCPT TO:<the address to be tested>
    QUIT

My own test:
    telnet mx1.mail.yahoo.com 25
    Trying 64.157.4.81...
    Connected to mx1.mail.yahoo.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 YSmtp mta302.mail.yahoo.com ESMTP service ready
    helo localhost
    250 mta302.mail.yahoo.com
    mail from:<>
    250 null sender <> ok

>>>    rcpt to:<qwerty73747473737@???> <<<fake
>>>    250 recipient <qwerty73747473737@???> ok <<<Argh!

    data
    354 go ahead
    .

>>>    554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com

    account (qwerty73747473737@???) - mta302.mail.yahoo.com
    quit

Nice, yahoo renders callout useless. My question: Is it
unethical/spamming to expand the test (can do this myself) with empty
data only for yahoo senders? Sometimes the sender will be legit and
recieve strange mail.

Regards,
Friso Kuipers.