Re: [Exim] Sending Email from Localhost

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: dman
To: exim
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Sending Email from Localhost
On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 02:06:41PM -0500, Patrick Boucher wrote:

| Using the mail pboucher@??? command It gives me the error in
| /var/log/messages

| SYSERR(root) MX list for robotel.ca. point back to mail.robotel.ca: no
| such file or directory

| Honestly i don't know where to begin looking.. Can somebody point me
| someplace to look ?

I see your address is also @robotel.ca. Let me guess, you are sending
this mail from the "mail.robotel.ca" host, and exim hasn't been told
that that is a local domain. Thus it is trying to find the remote
host to deliver it to, but it sees that the remote host is itself!
The fix is to tell exim that "robotel.ca" is a local domain, or to
correct the rest of the network setup so that exim can figure out
where to route the mail to.

-D

--

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from