[Exim] Re: Exiscan

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Exiscan
+++ Dave Raven [exim-users] <02/04/02 18:19 +0200>:
>     I see there has been a lot of talk about
>     exiscan (email virus for exim), I am
>     running it with AVP (by Kaspersky)
>     and its working, but not unpacking mails,
>     archives etc. Any advice?

Check the versions of tar, arc, and whatever other compression software is
used. Quite often the default rpm / other package versions you may have are
different in weird and wonderful ways from the ones exiscan may need (well,
that's the case with amavis at least, back when I tried it on a patched
deadrat 6.2 <g>)

    -srs