Re: [Exim] auditing bandwidth

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] auditing bandwidth
Quoth Jake on Tue, Apr 09, 2002:
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^
The future is here!

Please don't post HTML and wrap your lines at <=72 characters.

> Hello-
> I would like to use exim in a virtual host/reseller environment. I can not seem to find a way to log the amount of traffic (in MBs) that a particular domain has over a given period of time. It doesn't appear as if message size is logged in the logs. Has anyone solved this problem? I need to keep records of traffic for billing purposes.

Others proposed solution for Exim, but you might also want to
charge for other kinds of traffic (WWW, FTP, raw connectivity,
etc.). In this case, my advise to you is to use traffic shaping
and logging facilities present in some UNIX operating systems.

It will give you different numbers, of course (think about raw IP
packets), but this may be what you really want (but then, it may
be not).

Vadik.

--
The ill-formed Orange